Cross Country Automotive Services and ATX Group Combine To Form AgeroDec 6th, 2011 | By Editorial Staff | Category: Industry News
Editor’s Note: The following is a press release from Agero:
MEDFORD, MASS., DEC. 5, 2011 — Cross Country Automotive Services, a leader for nearly four decades in driver assistance programs, and its subsidiary ATX Group, a pioneer in connected vehicle (telematics) services, today announced its new corporate brand name, Agero. For its’ National Network of Service Providers, the brand change won’t take effect until March 1, 2012 on which communications will be sent out. All contact info, as well as all administrative processes and billing procedures, will remain the same.
Agero (pronounced Ah-JEH-roh, from the Latin word agere: to do, to lead, to drive) combines the heritage and innovation of both companies to create an integrated set of offerings to help auto manufacturers, insurance carriers and aftermarket providers manage the entire vehicle ownership and driving experience. Its services provide drivers with enhanced safety, security, and convenience through roadside assistance, claims management and connected vehicle technology.
“Since Cross Country Automotive Service’s acquisition of ATX Group in 2008, our focus has been on integrating our technologies and solutions to provide unique and exciting new benefits to our clients and their customers,” said Michael Saxton, CEO of Agero. “The introduction of the Agero brand represents the culmination of these efforts while providing a platform to continue to develop safe, smart and driven solutions.”
Agero has four decades of experience and nearly 2,500 employees in the U.S., Canada, Germany and France. Its roadside assistance services protect more than 75 million drivers a year in North America through the response and management of in-vehicle and post-emergency safety and security situations. These programs are supported by a best-in-class network of more than 30,000 roadside assistance providers across North America.
Agero’s claims management service combines technology, proven operating experience, and its network of service providers to drive significant cost savings and maximize customer satisfaction for the majority of the large insurance carriers in North America.
Agero’s connected vehicle services division has a rich history of innovation and has been one of the pioneers of the in-vehicle telematics industry, starting with the Lincoln RESCU program in 1996. Agero provides private-label connected vehicle services to BMW, Hyundai, Infiniti, Lexus, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars and Toyota.
Agero’s combination of capabilities and advanced technology enables it to provide a market-leading suite of services and a seamless customer service experience. Recently launched services include the following:
- The Hyundai Blue Link® program, launched in June 2011, which offers one of the broadest menus of innovative services in the connected vehicle market, including a unique, seamless agent-assisted interactive voice recognition interface for enhanced navigation assistance.
- The deployment of voice-based advanced automatic collision notification for BMW that utilizes data from in-vehicle crash sensors and customer-provided information to predict the likelihood of severe injury to the vehicle’s occupants, launched in August 2011.
- The combination of crash notification services with connected vehicle systems which accelerates and enhances vehicle claims processing for auto insurance policyholders, launched in May 2011.
- The first and largest North American roadside program for electric vehicles, with the August 2011 deployment of mobile, electric vehicle recharging systems.
- The use of mobile technology at the scene of car accidents to accelerate claims processing and drive enhanced customer satisfaction, launched in 2010.
- The use of GPS smartphone technology to provide detailed on-time arrival information of service trucks to stranded motorists, launched in 2010.
As a combined organization, Agero is poised to continue its growth and innovation, assisting automotive manufacturers, insurance companies and others in making driving and the vehicle ownership experience safe, secure and enjoyable.
Agero (formerly Cross Country Automotive Services and ATX Group) is the leading provider of roadside assistance, claims management and connected vehicle services for the automotive, insurance and aftermarket industries. Based in Medford, Mass., the company has operations throughout North America and offices in Europe. For more information, visit www.agero.com.
Agero is a member of The Cross Country Group of companies (CCG). CCG is a Boston-based organization comprised of operating businesses and investments that specialize in private-label, technology-enabled service programs for global corporate clients.