Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation on Social NetworksOct 4th, 2010 | By Editorial Staff | Category: Features
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) joins two online social networks with the October 4 launch of the Department’s Facebook and Twitter pages:
• TDLR on Facebook
• TDLR on Twitter
TDLR’s social media initiative is an extension of its commitment to communicate with its customers in the way they prefer. Facebook and Twitter give the Department new tools to deliver licensing information and consumer protection alerts to licensees and the general public. In turn, these social media sites will provide customers with additional outlets to contact TDLR for information or answers to licensing questions.
TDLR’s Facebook and Twitter pages will facilitate conversations that benefit customers and TDLR alike. The Department’s goal is to use online social media to:
• Inform users of important news and changes to TDLR programs, laws, rules and policies,
• Assist customers with TDLR-related questions,
• Solicit ideas and feedback from customers,
• Foster community,
• Inform users of upcoming TDLR events such as commission meetings, advisory board meetings, legislative presentations, strategic planning sessions and public speaking engagements, and
• Alert the general public to consumer protection issues.
Not a Facebook or Twitter user? TDLR will continue to deliver notifications of new and changing information via email, as well as posting notices and up-to-date information on the Department’s web site, www.license.state.tx.us.
TDLR Customer Service’s expanded phone-in hours also continue to serve Texans at a time that is convenient to them. Representatives are available to assist callers at 800-803-9202 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Source: Texas Towing and Storage Association